Please drive responsibly, lives depend on it.
No Traffic Delays
Moderate Traffic Delays
Heavy Traffic Delays
- Extremely Hazardous
- Storm Damage
- Snow and Ice
- Ponding/ Flooded
- Welcome Centers & Rest Area locations in Tennessee have been added to the map. The layer can be enabled / disabled in the Feature Menu. Clicking on a rest area icon will display the route, mile marker, the open/closed status of the facility, and a link to TDOT’s Welcome Centers & Rest Areas website for all available information pertaining to the facilities.
- Event and device clustering has been introduced to the SmartWay Traffic map. Lesser zoom levels will result in fewer, clustered icons on the map. Increasing zoom or clicking a clustered icon will result in a greater focus on events or device types. Clustering has been applied to most events and devices, with the exception of incidents and Waze data.
- Bookmarking a preferred zoom level and/or device selection(s) is now possible. Choose your preferred area/zoom level of interest, along with device types if desired. You can now copy the URL or save that view as a bookmark in your browser. This allows you to return to that exact view any time you use the bookmark to visit SmartWay Traffic.
- Waze data viewed on the SmartWay Traffic map now contains a time stamp as provided by Waze. All times are displayed as Central time.
- All events on the map can now display a line on the roadway, representing the impact zone of the event. Simply mouse over (or click) an event to see the impact zone.
- SmartWay Text is available at https://smartway.tn.gov/traffic/text, providing a basic text-driven list of highway events, cameras, and message signs.
- Additional information about the impact weather events has been added to the event description.
- On mobile devices, clicking within the map automatically closes the feature menu.
- The lane closure filter has been removed from the feature menu.
- Bug Fix: An issue with location and zoom of the user upon loading the site has been repaired.
- Bug Fix: Localized or individual weather events now appear on the map at any zoom level.
- Lane Closures will now be displayed with the addition of a ‘do not enter’ badge on the event icon. This icon can indicate an object partially blocking a lane, a lane closure, or a full road closure. Please read event descriptions to determine the full impact of an event.
- More city-based road closures can now be viewed on the map. TDOT is working with Metro Nashville Public Works to add their road closures to the map. This is a pilot effort we hope to see grow to other cities across the state.
- A Waze layer has been added to the SmartWay Traffic site. This layer displays highway events entered by the motoring public through the Waze app.
- Bug Fix: An issue with the site’s auto refresh cycle has been corrected
Weather event display updates:
- Multiple Wide Area (county-wide) events are represented by varying degrees of shading, based on the number of wide area events affecting the county
- Wide Area event pins no longer display at minimum zoom levels
- The hover state description has been removed from Wide Area event county shading
- Single-click a shaded county to see the description(s) of events affecting that county
- Double-click a shaded county to zoom in and focus on that county
- Roadway weather events are now represented by icons instead of markers
- Roadways impacted by multiple weather events are represented by an icon with a number, indicating the number of events at that location or on the roadway
- Roadway weather event icons display at increased zoom levels
- The event list, previously reached on the right of the screen, has been removed
Users can now turn on/off events in the ‘Feature Menu’ as needed – event types now include:
- Special Events (actual events may not appear until later this spring)
- Traffic Conditions
- A feature Key now exists to define icons, colors, etc.
- The Current Activity button (within construction event details) exists only when such activity has been updated
- Construction events are once again represented by a barrel
- Current activity about a construction event is once again included in the event description
- Weather events which affect an entire county now display a shaded overlay of that county
- Weather events are now represented by an icon, not a line
- Clicking a weather event will display a line which represents the affected zone